Scottsdale’s nightlife hotspot haven at the corner of Saddlebag Trail and Indian Plaza has been getting a bit hotter the past few weeks thanks to some new arrivals, including the recently opened Cake Nightclub.
Located next door to the equally new Bottled Blond, the self-described “boutique nightclub” located in the former home of EPIQ and the Pussycat Lounge is a sweet slice of upscale French-inspired stylishness that’s been hosting DJs and dancing on weekends, as well as sexy shenanigans by its resident “Cakedolls.”
Cake opened its doors in late January after a complete makeover that nixed the remnants of its previous identity as EPIQ, which closed rather unceremoniously last summer.
Gone are the former club’s equestrian-like elements and the sheer overabundance of mirrors that surrounded its dance floor (and made the place look like a gigantic disco ball) in favor of a more subdued Baroque style resembling a French chateau and featuring lots of dark woods and leather.
But for all its staid and sophisticated appearance, Cake definitely has a wild side. Its proprietors, the Southern California-based EDL Management Group, have been booking a serious selection of selectors from both the local scene and the L.A. area to man the mixers in its posh-looking DJ booth on Friday and Saturday nights.
Talents like VH1’s DJ Loczi and Hollywood’s DJ Spider have been featured in recent weeks, as has DJ Dijital and even Vanilla Ice, who pulled a surprise appearance a couple of weeks ago.
Needless to say, there’s been a line out the door on weekend nights at Cake since its opening, and it’s popularity doesn’t seem likely to wane anytime soon.
- 3,000 sq ft
- 350 total venue capacity
- Full service bar
- 13 built in banquets for nightclub seating
- Staging for dancing behind each table
- 2 aerialists rigs for live performances above main floor
- 2 gogo performance podiums
- Dedicated dressing room / green room
- Funktion One Sound System designed by Dan Agne
- Custom Lighting System designed by Steve Lieberman Designs
- High-end intelligent lighting that can be customized to client needs
- Full scale dj booth with live-performance capabilities
- Revolution Reveal G55 transparent video display system
- 4 x 60″ seamless bezel TV’s lined up on mezzanine
- 5 x 60″ vertically mounted TV’s
- Wi-Fi throughout
- In-house catering capabilities
- ADA compliant restrooms
- Working Hours: Wednesday: 10:30 pm – 2:00 amFriday: 10:00 pm – 2:00 amSaturday: 10:00 pm – 2:00 amSunday: 9:00 pm – 2:00 am