Raven Golf Club – Phoenix layout was created by Gary Panks and David Graham. It’s a 7,078-yard, par-72 course on 162 acres that was a former cotton field. The flat land was transformed by moving 800,000 cubic yards of earth into an expansive field of countless framing mounds and 7,100 Aleppo, Mondale and Canary Island pines. More vegetation includes African sumac and oleander lining the fairways and 42,000 bales of pine needles brought in to pack around the newly planted trees.
The Raven, the highest rated golf course in Phoenix, AZ, is ideally located in Phoenix only five miles south of Sky Harbor Airport and a short drive from most valley Resorts or Hotels making it a “Must Play” in the Scottsdale/Phoenix region. The Raven was awarded 4.5 stars and is known as having the “#1 guest service in North America.”
The layout features rolling fairways framed by thousands of mature pine trees, as well as vistas of rugged desert mountains and the Phoenix skyline. The golf course’s playable and strategic design offers a fun golf experience for all players. The subtle elevation changes are enhanced by challenging sand and grass bunkers that are placed against large multi-tiered greens.
The Raven Golf Club – Phoenix has been rated as having the “#1 guest service in North America,” and this commitment to excellence is evident throughout the facility. Ideally located just a short drive from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and most major Scottsdale Resorts or Hotels, The Raven Golf Club – Phoenix is a “Must Play” in the Scottsdale/Phoenix region.
Tags Golf Courses
- Contact Name: Jeremy Strauss
- Payment Options: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Location: Phoenix
- Architect Name: David Graham, Gary Panks
- Club House: Fully-Equipped Golf Shop, Equipment Rental, Restaurant, Locker Room
- Course Par: 72
- Course Slope Rating: 73.3 rating, 130 slope
- Golf Course: Public
- Course Yardage: 7,078 yards
- Driving Range: Fee Applies
- Golf Lessons: Private, Group, School
- Course Pro: Martin Chuck
- Grass Type (Greens): TiffDwarf Grass
- Grass Type (Fairways): Bermuda Grass
- Practice Chipping Green: Yes
- Practice Putting Green: Yes
- Range Balls: Small Fee