Scottsdale is a great destination city any time of the year; however, I believe the best 3 months of the year are just starting. That’s right January through March is packed with great events, perfectly manicured golf courses and yes, delightful weather…Let’s jump right into it starting with January:
by Heather Tawes Nelson on December 19, 2016 in About Scottsdale AZ, Arizona Fine Art Expo, Carefree Arizona, Carefree Art and Wine Festival, Easy Street, Paradise Valley Events, Phoenix events, Scottsdale Things to Do, WestWorld
– Scottsdale Events January 2017 –
January is one of my favorite months in Scottsdale. That is when some of the largest and most exciting events take place.
- Arizona Fine Art Expo – January 13th – March 26th – The Fine Art Expo will be back again in North Scottsdale. It is open daily and showcases the work of 100 artists in their studios so you can watch them create.
- Barrett-Jackson Car Auction – January 14th – 22nd – The “World’s Greatest Car Auction” is back and is sure to be bigger and better than ever. Head on over to WestWorld and take in the experience while seeing some of the world’s rarest and most exclusive cars.
- Rock-n-Roll Arizona Marathon and 1/2 Marathon – January 14th – 15th – This annual race is all about the fun along the course. Live music, fun water stops and more await the participants. Lots of distances are being offered, including a 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, full marathon and a kids’ race.
- Celebration of Fine Art – January 14th – March 26th – This is the 27th year of this art show in Scottsdale and it too showcases the work of 100 artists and their studios.
- Jet Center Event – January 18th – This unique event will feature rare cars, private planes, live music and food and drink. Proceeds from the event and live/silent auctions will go to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Russo and Steele Car Auction – January 18th – 22nd – This year, Russo and Steele has a new home at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick. They are looking to sell around 800 cars this year, based upon a great performance in 2016.
- Carefree Art & Wine Festival – January 20th – 22nd – The 24th annual festival is back. Stroll through downtown Carefree sampling wine while enjoying the artwork of 125 talented artists.
- Waste Management Phoenix Open – January 30th – February 5th – Kicking off right at the end of the month is the WM Phoenix Open at TPC Scottsdale. This is one of the most fun annual events and it is always well-attended. Some of the best golfers in the world have played, including Phil Mickelson and Bubba Watson. This is definitely an event not to miss.
- Waste Management Phoenix Open’s Birds Nest – Opens February 1st – Although this falls into February, the Birds Nest is one you will want to get tickets in advance for. Each night is a new concert and this year, Toby Keith, Flo Rida, Blink 182 and more are performing.