SumoMaya Mexican-Asian Kitchen’s menu features only the ﬁnest, freshest ingredients and boldest ﬂavors from across Latin America and the Far East. Our team works with the best boutique farmers right here in Arizona to ensure SumoMaya’s food is always farm-fresh.
Created by Valley restaurateur German Osio (Central Bistro, Local Bistro), SumoMaya Mexican-Asian Kitchen tempts with a bold, globe-straddling menu under the direction of Chef Matt Zdeb. At SumoMaya, chef Zdeb uses everything from massive wood-fired grills to multiple Chinese woks, a Spanish plancha griddle and a spinning vertical broiler (think Greek gyros) to craft an expansive and perfect-for-sharing menu. Think: Mexican Style Pho, Strawberry Gazpacho, Wild Mushroom Tacos or Pad Thai Al Pastor. Pair it all with an extensive beverage program, including a dedicated a tequila sommelier serving up 85 different tequilas, as well as handcrafted cocktails, a full sake menu, fine wines, draft & bottled beer, plus draft liquor – Patron, Tito’s, and Momokawa sake. Housed inside a soaring, colorful and custom-designed space, Sumo Maya’s stunning decor is as bold as the menu. Highlights include 30-foot ceilings, an open kitchen design that offers “rail” seating, an outdoor “living wall” and a state-of-the-art lighting and sound system that’ll allow SumoMaya to transition from casually modern restaurant and bar to nighttime lounge with enhanced audio pleasures.
"BREAK'N it DOWN" by T Navin
Service…Everyone I came in contact with
Food…Quality and Flavor
Bar / Drinks
This Restaurant has Not Been Reviewed, look for a Complete Review including Video coming soon!
Tags Asian & Pacific Rim Mexican & Latin American Restaurants
- Contact Name: JASON POHLMAN
- Payment Options: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Executive Chef: Matt Zdeb - Executive Chef Andy Suzuki - Executive Sushi Chef
- Accept Walk-ins: Yes
- Dining Style: Sit Down
- Dress Code: Casual
- Happy Hour: MON - SUN 2PM TO 6PM / MON - THU 9PM TO 11PM / FRI - SAT 10PM TO 12AM
- Parking: Valet, Self
- Location: Central Scottsdale
- Working Hours: Monday: 11:00 am-11:00 pmTuesday: 11:00 am-11:00 pmWednesday: 11:00 am-11:00 pmThursday: 11:00 am-11:00 pmFriday: 11:00 am-12:00 amSaturday: 9:00 am-12:00 amSunday: 9:00 am-9:00 pm