Talking Stick Golf Club is the only championship golf course in Scottsdale that is actually built on Indian land. Because it is owned and operated by the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, there are absolutely no houses to deter from the natural desert beauty that surrounds the courses. With 36 holes of true desert golf, this Troon managed golf course is one of the most exciting desert plays in Arizona.
The North Course at Talking Stick Golf Club offers wide, long fairways and large greens. The terrain is relatively flat with light rolling fairways. The bunkers lay rough and are Scottish style. Both courses are traditional; however, North course is considered more Arizona-like because of its dry terrain and desert brush.
The South Course at Talking Stick is more of a park-like style with fairways lined with trees, some water hazards and small elevation changes. Light desert brush will plague the fairways from time to time. The greens are smaller than that of its sister course and are well guarded by bunkers.
"BREAK'N it DOWN" by T Navin
Value for the Money
Attentive Cart Girl
Quality of food & beverage
Pace of Play
This Golf Course has Not Been Reviewed by OldTownScottsdale.com as of yet. Look for a Complete Review including Video coming soon!
Tags Golf Courses
- Contact Name: Steve Leonard, PGA
- Payment Options: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Location: Scottsdale
- Architect Name: Ben Crenshaw & Bill Coore
- Club House: Fully-Equipped Golf Shop, Equipment Rental, Restaurant, Locker Room
- Golf Course: Public
- Driving Range: Comp
- Getting Around: Cart
- Golf Lessons: Private, Group
- Course Pro: Min Park, PGA
- Grass Type (Greens): Summer – Tiffdwarf Bermuda, Winter – POA Trivialis
- Grass Type (Fairways): Winter – Rye / Summer - Bermuda
- Practice Chipping Green: Yes
- Practice Putting Green: Yes
- Signature Hole: 11th hole on Talking Stick North