Historic Old Town Scottsdale

WELCOME to HISTORIC OLD TOWN SCOTTSDALE  – Scottsdale Road/East Main Street was founded in 1894 and named after U. S. Chaplain Winfield Scott who brought early settlers to Scottsdale’s virgin desert farmland.  Historic Old Town Scottsdale has 10  historic buildings located in this rustic western area:

 

Mexican Imports Shop – Built-in 1923 as Johnny Rose’s Pool Hall

+  Saba’s – Built-in 1921 by Dr. Walter Lawson

Porters – Built-in 1928 to house the first post office

+  Rusty Spur Saloon – Opened in 1921 as first bank

+  Cavalliere’s Blacksmith Shop – built in 1909 still owned and operated by the family

+  Mission Church – Jesus Corral, a leader in the Mexican community built the adobe Catholic Church in 1933

+  Bischoff’s Shades of the West – site of the first General Store built in 1897

Los Olivos Mexican Patio – Built of adobe in the early 1900’s

Sugar Bowl Ice Cream Parlor – Constructed in 1950 and still owned by the Huntress Family

Little Red School House – now the Scottsdale Historical Museum was built with red brick in 1909 at a cost of $4,500

+  Historic Old Town Cowboy done in the 1950’s by the well known Scottsdale Artist and Woodcarver Dee Flagg

 

Come visit Historic Old Town Scottsdale western buildings to Gift Shops, numerous Restaurants, Western Wear,  Native American Jewelry, Arts and Crafts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Bottle Service