A desert golf course can combine beauty and challenge, while still being player friendly. Longbow Golf Club in Mesa succeeds in that combination to bring the golfer an enjoyable desert golf experience. Mountain views and the desert landscape make this Ken Kavanaugh-designed 18-hole championship golf course a pleasure to play.
Add the variety of contours and hazards, and it’s sure players of all skill levels will enjoy the experience. There are four sets of tees at the par-70 Longbow Golf Club, ranging in length from 6,750 yards to 4,890 yards. Most players use the championship tees at 6,222 yards.
The greens are fast and hard, so approach shots are very important. The first hole is a straight 365-yard par 4. Keep your tee shot in the middle of the fairway to get a good approach shot to the green.
Longbow Golf Club features all the hazards you can find on a desert course. Desert landscaping, water, waste areas, bunkers and grassy depressions all add to the challenge and intrigue.
Tags Golf Courses
- Contact Name: Jay Larscheid
- Location: East Valley
- Architect Name: Ken Kavanaugh
- Club House: Fully-Equipped Golf Shop, Equipment Rental, Restaurant
- Course Par: 71
- Course Slope Rating: 72.9 rating, 134 slope
- Golf Course: Public
- Course Yardage: 7,050 yards
- Getting Around: Cart
- Course Pro: Jeff Allen
- Grass Type (Greens): Bermuda Grass / Rye Grass
- Grass Type (Fairways): Tifdwarf Grass
- Practice Chipping Green: Yes
- Practice Putting Green: Yes