McCormick Ranch Golf Club is located in the center of Scottsdale. It’s the perfect golf course that offers 36 holes of golf that is close to home. The Pine and Palm courses at Mccormick Ranch are home to the most mature traditional scenery that Scottsdale golf courses have to offer. Desert terrain doesn’t come into play on either course; however, amazing views of Camelback Mountain may be seen from either golf course.
The Palm Course at the McCormick Ranch features 10 water holes and, as its name suggests, many large palm trees. Number nine on the Palm course was selected as one of “America’s Top-18 water holes” by Golf Illustrated magazine. Other recognized awards include one of “America’s Best Golf Shops” by Golf Shop Operations, the National Golf Foundation’s ‘Public Golf Achievement Award’ and Meeting and Conventions magazine’s “Gold Tee Award.” Tournaments include the Arizona Open, Motorola Open, Arizona Amateur Stroke-Play Tournament and many Southwest Section PGA and amateur events.
The Pine Course has many mature pine trees and is a bit more narrow. Both courses were designed by renowned golf course architect Desmond Muirhead and opened in 1972. The very popular Palm and Pine have both recently been renovated with outstanding new greens, sand traps and bridges. Pine is considered slightly more player friendly with the layout of the greens, which are more accessible. The average golfer will feel more at ease of this course.
Visiting McCormick Ranch Golf Club will take you on a trip back in history, showing what golf was like in Scottsdale in the less glittering era of the 1970s before the explosion that occurred in the upcoming decades.
Tags Golf Courses
- Location: Scottsdale
- Architect Name: Desmond Muirhead
- Club House: Fully-Equipped Golf Shop, Equipment Rental, Restaurant, Locker Room
- Course Par: 72 for both courses
- Course Slope Rating: PINE - 74.4 rating, 135 slope / PALM - 73.7 rating, 135 slope
- Golf Course: Public
- Course Yardage: PINE - 7,187 yards / PALM - 7,072 yards
- Driving Range: Comp
- Getting Around: Cart
- Golf Lessons: Private
- Course Pro: Randy Beaupre
- Grass Type (Greens): TiffDwarf Grass
- Grass Type (Fairways): Bermuda Grass
- Practice Chipping Green: Yes
- Practice Putting Green: Yes
- Range Balls: Included
- Signature Hole: Hole #9 of the Palm course